- Tips on Saving Money on a New Roof in Iowa City
- Tips for Preventing a Leaky Roof
- Replacing Your Shingle Roof in Iowa City: A Complete Guide
- 5 Things to Know When You Notice a Roof Leak
- Iowa City Roof Repair Guide
- Tips on Navigating a Roof Insurance Claim
- Types of Roofs in Iowa
- Things To Know About Gutters in Iowa City
- Wind Damage: How It Happens and How to Deal with It
- 4 Tips on Hiring a Roofing Contractor in Iowa City
- Four Signs You Need to Replace Your Roof
- Beware of Storm Chasers After Big Storms in Iowa City
- Ice Dam Prevention Guide — What You Need to Know
- Skylight Replacement Guide: What You Need to Know as an Iowa City Homeowner
- Spring Storm Preparation for Your Roof
- Tips on Hiring a Roofing Contractor in Iowa City, IA
- How to Deal with Roof Wind Damage in Iowa City, Iowa
- 6 Roofing Tips For New Homeowners
- Best Roof Shingles for Iowa City, IA
- 5 Reasons Your Porch Roof Needs Replacing
- How Heavy Rain In Iowa City, IA Damages Your Roof
- How To Choose The Right Roof Color
- Steps to Detect and Patch a Roof Leak
- 8 Tips to Maintain Your Roof
- A Glossary of Roofing Terminology and Definitions
- Residential Roofing Iowa City, Iowa
Tips on Navigating a Roof Insurance Claim
Has a nasty snowstorm, thunderstorm, or windstorm wreaked havoc on your home's roof? You may have broken shingles, bad leaks, or an entire blow-off.
Getting your insurance company to cover the claim may seem like an impossible feat.
Luckily, you don't have to do it alone. Our Iowa City roofing company will help you navigate your claim and receive optimal coverage.
Read on for a step-by-step guide on managing your claim.
Step 1: Determine That Your Roof Has Sustained Damage
Go outside and evaluate your roof's condition thoroughly. For your insurance company to cover the damage, it must have occurred due to some “act of God” — think hail, rain, and wind.
If you notice damage, large or small, contact your insurance company immediately.
Don't wait too long after the damage occurs to seek help. Otherwise, your insurance company can deny financial support. You'll have to pay the replacement costs yourself, and they're not cheap.
The cost of a new roof or Iowa City roof repair will vary, depending on the material and your home's size. It can be anything from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.
File your claim sooner rather than later to avoid footing this bill by yourself.
Step 2: Look for a Licensed Iowa City Roofing Contractor
When looking for Iowa City roof repair services, you don't need to shop for the cheapest ones out there. Your Iowa City roofing contractor should be able to:
1. Commit to replacing your roof for the cost of your deductible
2. Prove they have experience with performing insurance claim work in the past
The first criterion is critical. Don't recruit a contractor that promises to pay your deductible or lower it. This act constitutes fraud — you will get ripped off and likely encounter legal trouble.
Step 3: File Your Claim & Obtain the Adjuster's Estimate
At this point, you may open up your claim with your insurance company. Request an adjuster to come out and formulate an estimate for your roof repairs. Your Iowa City roofing contractor should negotiate on your behalf.
Understand that the adjuster's estimates for the necessary work will be incredibly low at first. An experienced, qualified Iowa City roofing company will commit to getting you the most coverage possible.
The negotiation process may take some time, so be patient. Have your Iowa City roofing contractor be present at every meeting to speed up the process.
Step 4: Finalize & Sign Your Contract with Your Iowa City Roofing Contractor
Once your Iowa City roofing contractor gets a fair number from the adjuster, you're near the end of the insurance claim process.
Get together with your contractor and define the final extent of the work. Understand the repairs your insurance company will cover and which ones they won't. Sign your name on your contractor's dotted line, and work can commence.
Call Our Iowa City Roofing Company for Assistance!
Even though the insurance claim process for Iowa City roof repairs is pretty straightforward, you shouldn't have to tackle it alone. Contact our company today for assistance! We'll walk you through the process, negotiate on your behalf, and perform quality work once we help you obtain adequate coverage.
Learn more about Types of Roofs in Iowa